Fleming’s Roasted Mushroom Ravioli Recipe
Try this savory dish for dinner tonight, prepared by Executive Chef Partner David Goss.
Roasted Mushroom Ravioli (serves 5)
Recipe courtesy of Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- 1 qt. water
- 5 ea. ravioli, precooked
- ¾ Tbsp. butter
- 5 oz. porcini butter sauce (see recipe below)
- 1¼ tsp. chives, ¼ inch dice
- ½ oz. (wt.) Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a small saucepot. Add the ravioli and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Drain the pasta well then place in the pan and toss well.
- Place 1 ravioli on a warm, small plate then ladle 1 ounce of warm porcini butter sauce on top.
- Garnish each ravioli with ¼ diced chives and 2-3 pieces of shaved Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for Porcini Butter Sauce:
- ¼ oz. (wt.) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1½ cups hot water
- ½ tsp. pomace oil
- 2 Tbsp. shallots, ¼ inch dice
- 3 ea. black peppercorns
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ lb. butter, lightly salted
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Place dried porcini mushrooms in a small mixing bowl then cover with hot water. Let sit for 30 minutes then drain well. Mince the mushrooms and reserve.
- Heat pomace oil in a small saucepot over medium heat. Add ¼-inch diced shallots and cook for 45 seconds or until translucent and tender. Add peppercorns, white wine and porcini mushrooms and bring to a boil; lower to medium heat and cook the liquid until reduced to ¼ cup.
- Add the cream and reduce to ½ cup. Whip the butter and kosher salt into the sauce. Strain the sauce through a chinoise into a container and hold at 140 degrees in the steam well.