Local Restaurants Host Special Event Dinners
From craft cocktails to Italian arias, these dinners offer a little something for everyone.
The end of summer is drawing near, and what better way to celebrate the end of the season than with a special dinner at a local restaurant? If you’re looking to try some tasty sips and delicious bites, look no further – these events have you covered.
The Continental’s Craft Cocktail Dinner
Raise your glass! The Continental is hosting its inaugural craft cocktail dinner on August 23, starting at 7:30 p.m. Guests can enjoy a four-course tasting menu featuring modern bar fare dishes paired with crafted gin, tequila, whiskey, and scotch cocktails. The restaurant’s talented mixology team will mix the cocktails, discuss the origins of each one, and demonstrate the craft bar techniques each one entails.
The menu features:
– Charcuterie and cheese paired with Hendrick’s Gin Cocktail
– Crab fritters and papaya remoulade paired with Milagro Blanco Tequila and citrus
– Wagyu hot dog Cuban paired with Hudson Rye Whiskey and Sazerac
– Octopus and fingerling potatoes with pimento, olive oil, quail egg, mustard seed, and Serrano ham paired with Glenfiddich 14-year-old Scotch Old Fashioned
Admission costs $45 per person and seating is limited. Call 239-659-0007 to reserve a seat.
Art Night at Barbatella
Art aficionados and wine connoisseurs alike won’t want to miss Barbatella’s next Art Night on August 24 at 5:30 p.m. Instructors from Masterpiece Mixers will be present to guide guests step-by-step through the process of painting wine glasses while guests sip on wine and enjoy hors d’oeuvres.
Admission costs $45 and includes art supplies, hors d’oeuvres, a glass of wine, and 30% of dinner for the evening. Call 239-263-1955 for reservations.
Naples Brass Tap’s Rare Beer Pairing Dinner
Beer lovers, take notice – on August 24 at 7 p.m., Naples Brass Tap will be hosting a beer pairing dinner featuring Goose Island’s Rare Bourbon County Brand Stout. Brewed only once, this ultra-rare, 14.50% ABV beverage will be paired with four exclusive courses prepared specifically for each beer pairing by The Brass Tap – Fort Lauderdale’s Executive Chef Jonathan, who will be making a special trip to the Paradise Coast for this event.
The menu features:
– Tuna poke with raspberry chili sauce and crisp wonton paired with Lolita
– Kale salad with seasonal fruit and honey lime dressing paired with Cuvee
– Smoked brisket slider with chipotle BBQ sauce and crispy Vidalia onions paired with 2015 BCBS
– Banana bread pudding French toast Ala mode with bourbon syrup paired with 2014 BCBS
Admission costs $45 per person. Only 25 seats are available, so reserve yours here.
Opera Naples’ EuroFest Italian Dinner
For those looking for a little musical entertainment during their meal, Opera Naples will host their EuroFest Italian Dinner on August 25 at 6 p.m. at Ristorante Ciao. During their dinner, guests can enjoy a selection of arias and Italian songs performed by Puerto Rican native Marinel Cruz, soprano, and Italian-born Francesco Valpa, tenor, who hails from Naples, Italy.
The menu features:
– Choice of Italian wedding soup or insalata rustichella with artisan greens, sliced pear and shaved parmesan cheese with a creamy vinaigrette
– Choice of homemade, three-cheese manicotti served with basil and marinara sauce, chicken piccata with lemon and capers, chicken marsala with mushrooms and wine sauce, or white fish sautéed in lemon, butter, and white wine
– Tiramisu and wine (1 bottle shared by 2 people), choice of La Fiera Montepulciano or Pinot Grigio
Admission costs $100 per person. Proceeds go towards Opera Naples and its various children’s programs. Call 239-963-9050 for reservations.