CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
- Position type: Full-time
- Company name: Palm Beach Media Group
- Location: Naples, FL
Experience: 3-5 years, preferably lifestyle magazine experience
Palm Beach Media Group is looking for a highly motivated senior editor for its luxury lifestyle magazine, Naples Illustrated. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter and idea generator who adapts well under pressure.
The successful candidate will handle a monthly writing and editing load, as well as fact-check and proofread. The position also requires the candidate to conceptualize and execute the production of the annual Charity Register, an annual magazine that is a popular resource to Naples-area charitable organizations, published by PBMG.
- – Excellent editorial judgment, particularly as it relates to the luxury sector
- – Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- – Excellent interpersonal and time management skills and the ability to deliver quality work under deadline
- – Creativity, vision, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm
- – Ability to generate story ideas and write compelling headlines
- – A capacity to undertake a wide range of responsibilities and juggle multiple deadlines while maintaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- – Attend work-related social functions and develop relationships in the community
- – A bachelor’s degree, with a major in English, journalism, communications, or similar; master’s degree preferred
- – Assist in developing a stable of freelance writers
- – Experience at a regional or national lifestyle magazine preferred
- – The position reports to the Editor in Chief of Naples Illustrated.
About our company: Naples Illustrated is a regional luxury lifestyle magazine, part of Palm Beach Media Group, which publishes a consortium of consumer and custom magazines in South Florida. To view a digital version of the latest issue: http://www.naplesillustrated.com/ni-current-issue/
How to apply: Email a cover letter, resume, three relevant clips, and salary requirements to Teri Evans, Editor in Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.