Prepared by Executive Chef Partner David Goss
Ingredients for Roasted Mushroom Ravioli
1 qt. water
5 ea. ravioli, precooked
¾ Tbsp. butter
5 oz. porcini butter sauce (see recipe below)
1 ¼ tsp. chives, ¼ inch dice
½ oz. (wt.) Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a small saucepot. Add the ravioli and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
2. Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Drain the pasta well then place in the pan and toss well.
3. Place 1 ravioli on a warm, small plate then ladle 1 ounce of warm porcini butter sauce on top.
4. Garnish each ravioli with ¼ diced chives and 2-3 pieces of shaved Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients for Porcini Butter Sauce
¼ oz. (wt.) dried porcini mushrooms
1 ½ cups hot water
½ tsp. pomace Oil
2 Tbsp. Shallots, ¼ inch dice
3 ea. black peppercorns
½ cup white wine
½ cup heavy cream
½ lb. butter, lightly salted
1 pinch kosher salt
1. Place dried porcini mushrooms in a small mixing bowl then cover with hot water. Let sit for 30 minutes then drain well. Mince the mushrooms and reserve.
2. Heat pomace oil in a small saucepot over medium heat. Add ¼-inch diced shallots and cook for 45 seconds or until translucent and tender. Add peppercorns, white wine and porcini mushrooms and bring to a boil; lower to medium heat and cook the liquid until reduced to ¼ cup.
3. Add the cream and reduce to ½ cup. Whip the butter and kosher salt into the sauce. Strain the sauce through a chinoise into a container and hold at 140 degrees in the steam well.
Recipe courtesy of Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
8985 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34108