Sense of Place: Therese O’Shea
Therese O’Shea is a familiar face in Southwest Florida as the morning traffic anchor and noon anchor at WINK News. The Naples resident is also seen around town at charity events and volunteering at nonprofits, including St. Matthew’s House, Girls on the Run of Collier County, and the David Lawrence Center.
1. If she wasn’t a TV anchor … I would love to run a nonprofit organization.
2. Naples’ best-kept secret: Naples Bay Water Shuttle, which hops around through Tin City, Bayfront, and all around the bay.
3. Favorite local cultural attraction: Off the Hook Comedy Club.
4. Favorite beach: We love to set up right outside the Sunset Beach Bar & Grill at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. We grab lunch there, and sometimes even catch live music.
5. Favorite travel spot: Key West via the Key West Express ferry out of Marco Island. I love staying at the La Concha Hotel & Spa on Duval Street.
6. Must-attend seasonal event: Christmas tree lighting on Third Street South.
7. Favorite local spa: Spa 41. It’s a hidden oasis tucked in the corner of the Tanglewood Market Place.
8. Best locally made product: I love going in to smell all the wonderful products at Naples Soap Company.
9. Favorite fashion designer: Tory Burch. I pair her shoes and accessories with almost every outfit.
10. Go-to scent: Chanel Chance Eau Tendre.
11. Signature drink: Extra-dirty martini.
12. Workout of choice: Pure Barre. It is the first time I’ve found myself actually looking forward to working out!
13. Favorite charity: The David Lawrence Center. I’ve seen the effects of mental health and substance-abuse issues in my own family for years, and we have one of the best resources in town. I also met my husband at its Young Executives Sunset Cruise three years ago, so I have them to thank for bringing us together.
14. Favorite restaurant: Bleu Provence. I love the ambience and the braised boneless Wagyu short ribs are one of my favorite dishes anywhere.