Calling all artists!
You are invited to submit your work for the second annual Naples Charity Register Cover Competition. We are looking for original works that convey the concept of philanthropy, community, sharing or charitable giving.
The winning image of the Charity Register Cover Competition will be published on the front cover of the 2015-16 edition of the Naples Charity Register. A brief story on and photo of the artist will appear inside the magazine, and this year’s winner will be awarded a $500 cash prize.
For rules, submission guidelines and to send an entry, please refer to the information below.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition is open to local artists (from Estero to Everglades City) working in media that translates to a two-dimensional format through digital photography. This includes: photography; oil, oil pastel, soft pastel, charcoal, ink, watercolor, casein, gouache, acrylic, mixed media (all water media or oil based media); silver or other metal point; collage; mixed media collage; printmaking (etching, mezzotint, lithography, woodcut, monotype, mono print, aquatint).
- The artwork must be original. If a painting is based on a photo, that photo must be the work of the artist.
- Cover dimensions equate to 9” W x 10.85” H, with a bleed area of 9.250” W x 11.127” H.
- Please note: The Charity Register flag will appear across the top of the cover, with a size of 8.5” W x 2” H. Submit work that fits this format accordingly.
- We reserve the right to crop the image to fit our cover presentation.
To submit an entry, click here to upload.
- Images should be sent as JPG files at 72 DPI tagged with your name and number (Mary Smith_pic.1.jpg). If selected as a finalist, we will require a high-res, 300 DPI version.
- In the body of email please include the artist name, address and phone number, as well as a description of the entry according the submitted materials: Mary Smith_pic.1 — Title, Medium, Size.
- Along with your artwork, please submit a short bio, not exceeding 200 words.
- Submissions will be accepted April 2 – May 15, 2015.
- Starting on May 18, 2015, a short list of finalists will be open to a reader vote to select the cover winner. Voting will run through May 31, 2015.
All entries submitted to the competition must be original work. The artist must be the sole owner of the copyright of the submitted images/artwork. Artists accepted to be published will retain full copyrights of their images. Submitting the Entry Form gives Palm Beach Media Group the authorization and permission to utilize submitted materials for publication (print and digital) as well as marketing purposes including publicity by Palm Beach Media Group.