While the South Florida weather may not indicate a change in seasons, at least the cocktails on the menu can. Here we offer a few Autumnal cocktail recipes, courtesy of VOGA Italia Wine, that will help put some spice into those fall festivities. Enjoy!
This has South Florida fall written all over it. The Orange Spiced Pumpkin Martini makes for a citrusy take on the classic pumpkin-spiced sip.
Orange Spiced Pumpkin Martini
- 2 oz. VOGA Prosecco
- 2 oz. pumpkin flavored vodka*
- 1/2 oz. triple sec
- 1 dash orange zest
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- 1 orange twist
- Pour VOGA Prosecco, vodka, triple sec and orange zest into a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist, a dash of cinnamon and serve.
*If pumpkin vodka has not found its way to your liquor cabinet, try making a small infused jar for this cocktail. Simply take your favorite non-flavored vodka, and fill a clean mason jar. Add a few hearty dashes of pumpkin spice, seal the jar, shake, and set in a dark, cool space for two days or more. Before serving, strain vodka through fine cheesecloth (or a piece folded over a few times) to remove as much spice as possible—the goal is to get the vodka as grit-free as possible.
If pumpkin spice is not in the cards, try this: one cinnamon stick; roughly one quarter of a nutmeg seed, broken; a few thin slices of ginger; quarter teaspoon crushed allspice; and two cloves. Add to the mason jar filled with vodka. Allow more time to infuse—at least one week.
With the sun setting just a bit earlier and the weather losing much of its bite, backyard get-togethers are on the agenda. Spruce up that communal cocktail offering, aka punch, with this fall-centric sangria recipe.
Seasonal Spiced Sangria
- 2 bottles VOGA Red Fusion
- 3 cups sparkling apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup dark spiced rum
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 3-4 fresh figs, sliced (or 1 cup dried figs)
- 1-2 fresh gala apples, sliced
- 2-3 clementines, sliced (not peeled)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Slice apples and insert whole cloves directly into the fruit.
- Combine all fruit slices in a glass pitcher and slowly pour in brandy and VOGA Red Fusion.
- Cover and chill for 2-24 hours—the longer, the better.
- Before serving, add sparkling cider and orange juice.
- Stir gently and serve over ice.
Nothing says fall quite like a mug of mulled wine. This recipe for the warm cocktail imbues the flavors of the cooler season with a dose of allspice, aniseed, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 1 bottle VOGA Dolce Rosso
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- In a large saucepan, combine VOGA Dolce Rosso, brandy, orange, lemon, sugar and nutmeg.
- Place remaining spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- Add spice bag to wine mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Cool; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain; discard fruit and spice bag.
- Reheat wine; serve warm in mugs.
- Garnish as desired with cinnamon stick and star anise.
Recipes and images courtesy of VOGA Italia Wine