Artis—Naples welcomes area visitors and residents to explore the arts campus for the popular spring Community Day. From 12 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, October 25, Artis—Naples will open the doors for the entire family to explore the artistic side of the Paradise Coast, with art and activities scheduled throughout, as well as a performance by the Naples Concert Band at 4 p.m., free of charge. The museum exhibitions and galleries will be open to explore, while three musical performances will set the sound track.
- Admission to Artis—Naples Community Day is free and open to the public. For more information, visit artisnaples.org.
October’s Community Day will take on a festive theme with Halloween activities scheduled throughout the afternoon.
- The day is the perfect dress rehearsal for the candy collecting holiday, so be sure to dress in costume for the costume parade and contest at 2 p.m. in Daniels Pavilion.
- In the Conservatory, kids can join in decorating pumpkins, play Halloween games, enjoy a potions station, and create their own work of art with Day of the Dead skulls and pumpkin magic scratch art, and decode secret spider web messages with resist painting.
- In the Hayes Lobby, guests can start their Trick-or-Treat Adventure, which continues through The Baker Museum galleries; get some body art with temporary tattoos and face painting; try their hand at edible art with cookie decorating; checkout the tallest balloon artist around with Too Tall Torrie, the stilt-walking scarecrow balloon artist; and enjoy a musical chime demonstration.
- After some arty fun in the Hayes Lobby, head the Upstairs Hayes Hall for Instrument Petting Zoo, a hands-on, impromptu jam session with percussion instruments. What’s more, guests can make their own instruments with Percussion Crafts.
- In the Lyons Room, the lights will be turned low for glow art and activities.
- Docent Tours: Tour The Baker Museum with an expert guide at 1 p.m. (The Baker Museum galleries)
- At 4 p.m., the Naples Concert Band will take the Hayes Hall stage.