Artis—Naples welcomes area visitors and residents to explore the arts campus for the popular spring Community Day. From 12 noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 17, Artis—Naples will open the doors for the entire family to explore the artistic side of the Paradise Coast, with art and activities scheduled throughout, free of charge. The museum exhibitions and galleries will be open to explore, while three musical performances will set the sound track.
- Admission to Artis—Naples Community Day is free and open to the public. For more information, visit artisnaples.org.
The complete listing of activities and events is as follows:
Visual Art/Museum Activities
- Sculpture Investigation: In the Hayes Lobby, inquisitive inspectors will search for clues in a sculpture-themed scavenger hunt. (Hayes Hall Lobby)
- Instrument Petting Zoo: Get hands-on for an impromptu jam session at the Instrument Petting Zoo and Harps. (Hayes Hall Lobby)
- Face Painting and Temporary Tattoos: Let out your inner animal at the face painting and temporary tattoo stations in the Hayes Hall Lobby.
- Make-Your-Own Instrument: Become the musician and the maker, and create your own sound machine. Guests can create and design their very own tambourine at this station, not just letting future musicians’ imaginations soar, but also learn how sound is created—how cool is that. (Conservatory)
- Watercolor Art: Create a refrigerator watercolor masterpiece at the Conservatory.
- Design Your Own Button: Call the fashion police, we’ve got imaginations sewn together for this interesting little station. (Conservancy)
- Portrait and Caricature Sketches: Artists will catch all the kooky with fun caricature and portrait sketches of guests in the Conservancy.
- Mariella Mouse in the Opera House: The Dottie Withrow story comes to life in the Hayes Hall Lobby and Lyons Room.
- Wheel-Thrown Pottery Demo: Curious on how those clay creations are made? Catch a demonstration of wheel-thrown pottery in the Norris Garden.
- Docent Tours: Tour The Baker Museum with an expert guide at 1 p.m. (The Baker Museum galleries)
- Naples Philharmonic Youth Symphonia Spring Concert will take place at 2 p.m. in Hayes Hall.
- The Harmony Choir will perform in the Norris Garden at 3 p.m.
- The Naples Philharmonic Youth Chorus will wrap the afternoon’s performances at 4 p.m. in Hayes Hall.