Think you have to forgo delicious sweets and treats when eating raw? No way! This raw version of a carrot cake with “cream cheese” frosting will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup finely ground flaxseed
- 5 cups finely ground carrots
- 1/2 cup ground buckwheat groat flour
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
Grind walnuts in food processor and place in a large bowl, leaving small amount in processor. Grind dates, raisins and remaining nuts in food processor, and add to bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bowl. Mix by hand until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Pack and press mixture into spring-form or cake pan. Chill in refrigerator for several hours before frosting.
“Cream Cheese” Frosting
- 2 cups raw cashews, previously soaked for as long as an hour
- 2 juiced lemons
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
Place all ingredients into high-speed blender and process until smooth. Spread on top of cake. Chill in refrigerator before enjoying.