Florida Lobster Quiche
Yields 4 servings
- 1 9-inch pie shell, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups lobster meat, cooked and sliced
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread lobster meat in the pie shell; top with cheeses. Combine eggs, wine, half and half, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, scallions, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over lobster and cheeses. Sprinkle top with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes until custard is set. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot or at room temperature as an appetizer or main dish.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Calories 320, Calories From Fat 168, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fatty Acid 0.13, Cholesterol 318mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g, Protein 28g, Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.33g
*Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
About Chef Justin Timineri:
As the official State Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri is a proponent of Fresh From Florida commodities. A champion of locally-grown produce and fresh Florida harvested seafood, Timineri’s recipes are deep on invigorating, Sunshine State flavors, while embracing a healthy and well-balanced diet. To read more, click here.