Now this is a seafood dish even the kids will love. Chef Justin Timineri shares his recipe for chili-cumin snapper fingers, a zippy fish-based answer to the chicken tender.
Chili-Cumin Snapper Fingers
- 2 pounds snapper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili seasoning
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes, halved
- Pat snapper fingers dry with paper towel.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cumin and chili seasoning on a shallow plate.
- Coat fish fingers with flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, then into flour mixture.
- Set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- When butter foams, add the fingers; cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with lime halves.
For more Florida seafood recipes, click here.
The official Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally-grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri’s recipes imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes coming from Timineri’s kitchen, click here.