The best part of stone crab season is dining on these succulent delicacies. Here we share a Fresh From Florida recipe imbuing that Florida Keys flavor. Enjoy.
Florida Stone Crab Claws with Key Lime Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 3 pounds stone crab claws, medium sized
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 4 key limes (or two regular limes), juiced
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Crack claws using a wooden hammer or a seafood cracker ; remove shell and movable pincer leaving meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Set aside and keep refrigerated until use. In a small bowl combine the mayo, Dijon and lime juice.
- Taste the mustard sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve stone crab claws with the mustard sauce.
The official chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri creates recipes that imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on Chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes from Timineri’s kitchen, click here.