With a kick of heat, this grouper with black bean coulis will give your dinner plans a punch of flavor.
Grouper with Black Bean Coulis
Yields 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded
- 3 tbsp. onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole cooked black beans, for garnish
- Place fillets in shallow dish; sprinkle with cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Combine black beans, garlic, Serrano pepper, onion, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer sauce to a small saucepan and cook on low heat until warmed through. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a heavy nonstick sauté pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Sauté fillets 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and center is opaque.
- Transfer fillets to plates and top with black bean coulis. Garnish with whole black beans and serve.
For more Florida grouper recipes, click here.
The official Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally-grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri’s recipes imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes coming from Timineri’s kitchen, click here.