Savory and rich, this recipe for roasted grouper with peppers and corn makes for the perfect summertime dinner dish.
Grouper with Roasted Corn and Peppers
Yields 4 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. fresh-ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1/2 cup french-fried onion rings, crushed
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with the red and green bell peppers, corn, onion and 1/2 teaspoon each of the salt, pepper, and thyme in a large ovenproof pan. Roast mixture in the oven until the corn and peppers start to brown, about 12 minutes, stirring twice.
- Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over both sides of the fillets and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and thyme. Top with crushed onion rings.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven; spread corn-and-pepper mixture to the sides of the pan. Place fillets in the center of the pan and cook 10 minutes until opaque in the center.
- Serve fillets on a bed of the roasted vegetables.
For more Florida grouper recipes, click here.
The official Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri, shares some of his recipes with us. A proponent of eating healthy, locally-grown and harvested produce and seafood, Timineri’s recipes imbue that Fresh From Florida flavor. For more on chef Justin, click here.
Recipes and images courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. For more recipes coming from Timineri’s kitchen, click here.