In this fun series, we ask chic travelers what they would never leave home without. Today’s jet-setter is at home everywhere on the planet, traveling both for business (she reps top properties around the globe, and recently launched a luxe handbag line) and for pleasure.
Who: Andria Mitsakos, founder/creative director, Dea Rosa; president, Andria Mitsakos Public Relations (AMPR)
Lives in: New York City; Milan, Italy (feels like it); Delray Beach
· Siem Reap, Cambodia for philanthropy work. Hotel de la Paix is my fave.
· Luang Prabang, Laos gave me loads of inspiration this year, it’s a must-see. The Alila Hotels do a fantastic job.
· Bangkok as it’s my hop on/hop off point, to explore Southeast Asia
· Hong Kong to shop
· Hotel Rafael in Paris; I handle their PR and live there during for about a month surrounding fashion week
· Cannes for my PR work every December and in May for the film festival … just because
· Rome to visit my dear friend Stephanie who works in Sicily, which will be a summer 2011 haunt
· Hotel du Palais, Biarritz because everyone should know about Biarritz, an uber-fab laid back French city near Basque country
· Gansevoort Turks and Caicos to get a bit of NY chic on a gorgeous beach, it’s the perfect mini-break
· Harbour Island to visit my client’s hotel, Pink Sands on its namesake strip of rosy hued sand
· Saint-Tropez to the darling Pan Dei Palais boutique hotel. I handle their PR and love how central they are to everything.
· Verbier, Switzerland to the Valmont Chalet
· Courchevel, France to Hotel Les Airelles (above) to kick off ski season
· Buenos Aires to visit friends, shop, eat great steak, drink amazing wine and tango. Mai 10 is the ultimate Argentina go-to company for all my travel planning.
· Isla Holbox, Mexico to completely unplug at Casa Sandra
· South Africa: Cape Town for great food and wine, Johannesburg to gain perspective and safari to explore and discover. Check out Tintswalo for the trio of perfection.
Essential travel gear:
· Dea Rosa Carpiano satchel (left) in white lizard or chocolate python
· Rosebud Lip Salve (great for cuticles too)
· Renewing Pack by the Swiss skincare company, Valmont. I love using this on long-haul flights to stay hydrated.
· Cashmere socks and wrap
· Almonds and goji berries – my staple snack
· Beauty Elixir Facial Spray by Caudalie
· Missoni bikini (right, in “Laos”) just in case I end up somewhere sunny
· Ligne St. Barth avocado body oil keeps my skin super soft
· A pair of YSL black tribute pumps
Cannot leave home without:
· My sketchbook
· My Dea Rosa Carpiano for day and Dea Rosa Pompeiana for evening
· My BlackBerry to keep me connected to clients and family
· Tom Ford Cyrille Aviator Sunglasses in black
· Valmont Cyto Complex eye cream – the key is reapply eye cream at least five times per day (as per Madame Sophie Guillon, my client and the COO of Valmont)
· A scarf to update an outfit in a pinch
· My lucky Buddha necklace bought in Thailand with my late Grandmother Rose’s Nefertiti pendant and evil eye
· My gold byzantine pinky ring I bought for myself in Santorini
· Ex Voto Paris Eau de Luxe in Amber created for me by my fab Parisian friend Nathalie Paillarse