In this fun series, we ask chic travelers what they would never leave home without. Today’s glamorous globetrotter is a vintage jewelry expert and collector, who has translated her passion into a company that has become a style sensation on an international stage.
Who: Tracy Smith, founder, House of Lavande
Lives in: Palm Beach, New York City
- New York- We stay at our apartment in Tribeca… I love this neighborhood because it’s so family friendly. If we are with the kids we can walk to Bubby’s for sour cream pancakes or without the kids one block down for dinner at Nobu. They have also just opened a great park on the Pier 25 along the Hudson with competition-ready beach volleyball courts, skate park and kids’ climbing walls, futuristic kids’ playgrounds, miniature golf and basketball.
- Sun Valley- skiing for spring break. We like to rent a house in Warm Springs and we can walk to the lift. They have a great children’s mountain … Dollar Mountain for the ski school and beginner runs.
- L.A. -We stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel—love the old-school charm, and you always spot a celeb at the pool or polo lounge
- Italy – for a wedding this summer; we’re staying at the Castello di Vicarello (below)
- Clos-ette jewelry case (filled with House of Lavande jewelry, of course); a HOL limited-edition version in purple is available in February
The indispensible Clos-ette jewelry case
Cannot leave home without:
- Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer (charming #237)
- My Yigal Azrouel plaid scarf (right)
- Goody ouchless ponytail holders
- J Brand jeans and Calypso grey T-shirt (the emergency outfit)