On February 21-22, the Naples Art Association will present one of the most anticipated art events to come to Naples each year, the Naples National Art Festival. Now in its thirty-sixth year, the festival attracts crowds in excess of 20,000 to peruse the works of more than 260 artists in an array of mediums, including: paintings (oil, acrylic and watercolors), 2D and 3D mixed media, photography, digital art, metal sculpture, wood carvings, ceramics, jewelry, leather works and more.
Sunshine Artist Magazine has ranked the Naples National Art Festival as one of the “Top Ten” national festivals for six years running, making this one of the most coveted art shows for artists to attend as presenters, ensuring a great show for art lovers. Artists man their respective booths, allowing perspective buyers a chance to meet and discuss the work with the hands that made it possible—a rather unique and inviting aspect of the festival makeup.
Taking place in Cambier Park and along 8th Street South, the outdoor festival capitalizes on the sites amenities, including the band shell, with live performances taking place through the weekend. Past performances included Opera Naples, the Naples Players and the Naples Academy of Ballet, to name but a few.
- Admission to the Naples National Art Festival is free with a suggestion donation of $5.
- For more information, visit naplesart.org.
This year’s entertainment schedule is as follows:
Saturday, February 21:
- 12:15-1 p.m.: Paradise Coastmen Barbershop Chorus
- 1:30-2:15 p.m.: ReCreation Tappers of SWFL
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.: Naples New Horizons Band
- 4-4:45 p.m.: Tir Na Nog Academy of Irish Dance
Sunday, February 22:
- 11-11:45 a.m.: Paradise Brass
- 12:15-1 p.m.: One Class Act
- 1:15-2 p.m.: One Class Act
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.: Hot Flashz, Inc.
- 4-4:45 p.m.: Gator Bait