Artis—Naples is launching into its 25th anniversary season by reaffirming its commitment to the community and its mission to “create and present world-class visual and performing arts” to all, by holding five free chamber concerts with the Naples Philharmonic throughout Naples from September 12 through 15.
The Naples Philharmonic String Quartet
Ensembles of string, brass and woodwind quartets and quintets selected from the orchestra will visit five different locations throughout town, performing works by some of classical music’s most esteemed names: Mozart, Onslow, Boccherini and Shostakovich.
Concerts begin on Thursday, September 12 with two scheduled stops.
- At 6 p.m., the Collier County Public Library’s Main Orange Blossom Branch will open its doors to the Naples Philharmonic’s string ensemble. Highlights from this performance include a Boccherini String Quintet and Shostakovich String Quartet. Seating is limited, with admission granted on a first come, first serve basis.
- Following at 7:30 p.m., the Naples Philharmonic brass quintet will be performing at the Saint William Catholic Church, Fellowship Hall.
On Sunday, September 15, three unique ensemble concertos will be scheduled.
- Starting at 1:30 p.m., the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples will be hosting the woodwind quintet.
- At 2 p.m., the Naples United Church of Christ will host the Naples Philharmonic for a performance of Mozart string quartet and Onslow String Quartet.
- Also at 2 p.m., Artis—Naples will open Hayes Hall lobby for the Naples Philharmonic brass quintet.
All performances are free of charge.
- For more information, visit artisnaples.org.