For those who enjoy a craft brew or two, head to Mercato on Saturday, October 17 for the fourth annual Brew Ha Ha Craft Beer Festival. Located on the Mercato lawn, this year more than 60 brews will flow with a special spotlight on Florida’s own. Benefiting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Florida, this is a party with a purpose, as well as a chance for brewsy aficionados to sip a wide variety of quaffs from the some of the best breweries in the state. On the docket for this year’s festivities will be rare limited release beers, lawn games, a silent auction, live music by Rockin’ Horse, and the ever-popular masskrugstemmen contest. For those not fluent in German beer drinking feats of strength, masskrugstemmen, is a stein-holding competition that is much easier in theory than in practice—holding a mug of beer, how hard is that? Trust me, at just a tick over five pounds, those muscles will start to burn as you struggle to keep your arm parallel to the ground. Think you have what it takes? Join the spectacle on Mercato’s lawn, masskrugstemmen is always a good time.
- Gates open at 4 p.m. for advance ticket holders; 5 p.m. for those buying tickets at the gate for $35. For those who wish to skip the lines, the VIP Brewmaster’s Ticket, $50, gets you front-of-the-line access to the beer tents, a keepsake mug, and unlimited bottled water and soda. Food will be available for purchase from Counter Burger, Naples Flatbread, and the Rusty Bucket. For more information, visit rmhcswfl.org/th_event/brew-ha-ha.
So what’s on tap? Here’s your Florida lineup:
- 3 Daughters Brewing from St. Petersburg
- Big Storm Brewing Co. out of Odessa
- Big Top Brewing Co. from Sarasota
- Darwin Brewing Co. hailing from Bradenton
- Fat Point Brewing from Punta Gorda
- Florida Avenue Brewing Co. from Tampa
- Islamorada Beer Company from Isalmorada | MM 82.9
- Motorworks Brewing from Bradenton
- Naples Beach Brewery from Naples
- Orlando Brewing from O-Town
- RipTide Brewing Co. in Naples