In Naples, things slow down a bit during the summer. This allows for all those full-timers to recoup from yet another busy season while preparing for the next. It also gives local shops and restaurants the opportunity to enact some new and inventive activities to drum up summertime business. This summer, improve those cooking skills in prep for next fall with one of Naples’ most celebrated restaurants, Sea Salt.
Chef Fabrizio Aielli’s Summer Cooking School is in full swing, scheduled every other Saturday through July 27, with each course touching on a different aspect of preparing a great meal. From tips on summer grilling to preparing and shopping for the perfect menu, the Sea Salt Summer Cooking School expertly guides participants through a chef demonstration and brief lecture, accompanied by lunch and a couple glasses of wine to boot—how great is that?
- Classes cost $65 per person (or three for $170)
- RSVPs are required; call 239-434-7258 to reserve your spot.
- For more information, visit seasaltnaples.com.
Schedule of classes is as follows:
- May 11 – Spring Time: Soups and Salads
- May 25 – Healthy and Delicious: Eating healthy doesn’t need to be bland.
- June 15 – Summer Grilling: Meats and Vegetables
- June 29 – Summer Grilling: Fish and Poultry
- July 13 – How to shop and create a menu.
- July 27 – How to make a delicious meal with what’s in your refrigerator.