Heather Weiss Dockweiler always exudes a cheerful radiance at the many charitable events she supports in Naples. On November 5, along with another couple, Dockweiler and her husband, Jamie, served as co-chairs of the Community School of Naples’ Angel Ball.
The Dockweilers and their two young children split their time between Linville, North Carolina, and Naples, but their commitment to our community reveals where she calls home. Among events she favors during season: the Naples International Film Festival, for which she sits on the board, and Hats in the Garden, which she previously served as chair.
1. Best advice received: Remember you’ll always regret what you didn’t do rather than what you did.
2. Perfect afternoon in Naples: Check in to The Ritz-Carlton, Naples and pretend I was on vacation.
3. Favorite artists: Eric Forstmann’s art inspires me. I’m typically drawn to contemporary/abstract art, but I also have a passion for photography, and he melds the two art forms beautifully. Lana Gomez, and I may be a little biased, as she is my sister, but her art speaks to me. The names of her paintings are nostalgic moments that bring me back to our childhood. I also can’t leave out my brother Rodney Weiss. I love his art—he strives to see the idiosyncrasies between two subjects, and how things are interconnected.
4. Favorite fashion designer: Alexander McQueen. It’s classic with a bit of an edge.
5. Go-to jewelry designer: Irene Neuwirth. I love that her earrings are simple and colorful.
6. Beauty must-have: My face wash. Skinceuticals LHA Cleansing Gel.
7. Favorite local restaurant: I love Sea Salt. I order the branzino simply grilled—it’s perfection!
8. Local hidden gem: Freddo Gelateria. It’s a bit off the beaten path and many locals don’t even know about it!
9. Signature tipple: Blackberry Gin Bramble. My University of Arizona sorority sisters and I went on a girls’ trip to Los Cabos in April and I ordered it at The Cape’s Rooftop Bar. Now it’s my go-to!
10. Most treasured possession: My grandmother’s engagement and wedding ring. It meant the world to me that she wanted me to have it.
11. Guilty pleasures: Going to the movies; Starbucks’ nonfat peppermint mocha.
12. Bucket-list topper: Going to Antarctica. It will round out my travels to all seven continents.