Spicy Jalapeno Bacon and Cheese Oysters
Yields 6 servings
- 36 oysters, shucked, on the half shell
- rock salt
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
Arrange oysters on rock salt in a baking dish. Top each oyster with ½ teaspoon of the cheese, crumbled bacon and chopped jalapeno to taste. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Calories 248, Calories From Fat 110, Total Fat 12g; Saturated Fat 12g; Trans Fatty Acid 0, Cholesterol 50mg, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Protein 27g, Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.46g
*Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
About Chef Justin Timineri:
As the official State Chef of Florida, Justin Timineri is a proponent of Fresh From Florida commodities. A champion of locally-grown produce and fresh Florida harvested seafood, Timineri’s recipes are deep on invigorating, Sunshine State flavors, while embracing a healthy and well-balanced diet. To read more, click here.