Throwing a mango party? Better get that bar mango-fied. Here we offer a few delicious cocktail recipes, featuring mangos of course.
Hungry for more mangos? Click here for more recipes starring this flavorful fruit.
For a citrusy mix of tropical power, serve your guests this nectary sangria to imbibe.
Sparkling Mango Strawberry Sangria
- 1 bottle sparkling wine (chilled)
- 4 oz. orange liquor
- 4 oz. lime-flavored vodka
- 9 oz. fresh mango and strawberry puree (6 large strawberries with 1 oz. simple syrup + 6 oz. strained mango puree)
- 6 oz. fresh orange juice
- 6 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3 oz. simple syrup (mint infused) or to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Mango diamond chunks, strawberries, orange & lemon slices, mint sprig
Place ingredients (excluding sparkling wine) into a large glass container, cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, pour into an ice-filled pitcher to 2/3 full. Add fresh sliced fruits and top with sparkling wine, stir gently to mix.
Serve in large Boudreaux glasses with ice.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (reserve one squeezed lime half to moisten glass rims)
- Coarse salt
Combine ice, mango, tequila and lime juice in a blender and puree until smooth. Moisten rims of 2 margarita glasses with reserved lime half and dip each glass rim in coarse salt. Pour Mango-rita into glasses.
Add a dash of spice to the sweet with the recipe for the Mango-Ginger-Habanero Daiquiri, courtesy of Adam Seger, mixologist of Tanzy.
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 oz. Ginger-Habanero Syrup, recipe follows
- 3/4 oz. fresh mango puree
- Adam’s 7 Spice Blend, recipe follows
- 1 thin slice fresh mango, for garnish (1/3 oz.)
Shake first 4 ingredients vigorously and strain into a chilled 10-ounce cocktail glass rimmed with Adam’s 7 Spice Blend. Garnish with fresh mango wedge.
Ginger-Habanero Syrup: Heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to just before boiling with 1 seeded habanero pepper and 3 oz. sliced fresh ginger. Remove habanero 5 minutes after taking off of heat. Cool and strain out ginger. Keeps sealed in the refrigerator 3 weeks.
Adam’s 7 Spice Blend: Whisk together 2 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground fennel, 2 parts ground ginger, 1 part ground Szechuan peppercorns, 1 part ground cloves, 1 part ground star anise, 1 part ground cardamom. Blend total spice volume with an equal part of superfine bar sugar. (Alternatively, start with whole spices and turbinado sugar, in equal proportions and blend in a Vitamix. The oil in whole spices are richer and get absorbed into the turbinado sugar as it cracks in a high power blender.)
Recipes and images courtesy of the National Mango Board.