Tillamook Bay Petrale Sole
Prepared by Executive Chef Partner David Goss
Ingredients for Petrale Sole
5 ea. Petrale sole fillet, 2 oz. portions
½ tsp. kosher salt
Pinch white pepper, ground
2 Tbsp. butter, lightly salted
¼ cup flour
*1 ½ Tbsp. egg wash (see note below)
5 ea. Crab Beignets, 2 tsp. portions (recipe follows)
½ cup panko bread crumbs
4 cups oil, for frying
5 oz. Lemon Butter Sauce (recipe follows)
¼ ea. red pepper, 1/8 inch dice
½ ea. jalapeño pepper, 1/8 inch dice
5 ea. cilantro sprigs
1. Cut the sole into 2 ounce portions then season with salt and pepper on one side. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Dust the sole in the flour then dip into the egg wash. Drain excess egg wash then sauté the fish for 1½ minutes or until golden brown. Turn the sole over and sauté for ½ minutes or until golden brown.
2. Roll the crab beignets into a ball then coat well in the panko bread crumbs. Heat the oil in a sauce pot to 375 degrees, then cook the beignets for 30 seconds; turn beignets over and cook for another 30 seconds. Place into a fryer basket to drain.
3. Place 1 sole in the center of a warm, small plate. Ladle 1 ounce of sauce over the fish then place 1 beignet on the plate.
4. Stem and seed red and jalapeño peppers. Cut both into 1/8-inch dice, place into a small bowl then cover with hot water for 1 minute to blanch; drain well. Sprinkle the peppers on top of the fish.
5. Place the cilantro sprig over the beignets.
* Combine 3 eggs and 3 tablespoons of water in a mixing bowl and beat well. Place in a container and set aside.
Ingredients for Crab Beignet
¼ ea. roasted red bell pepper, ¼ inch dice
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
¾ tsp. cornmeal
Pinch baking powder
Pinch kosher salt
½ pinch white pepper, ground
2 ½ tsp. 2% milk
½ ea. egg yolk
1 oz. lump crab meat
¼ oz. frozen corn, thawed
¾ tsp. chives, minced
1. Drain canned roasted peppers then cut into a ¼ dice; reserve.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, kosher salt, white pepper, milk and eggs until smooth.
3. Gently fold in the crabmeat, corn, minced chives and reserved red peppers. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes prior to using.
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce (makes 1 cup)
½ cup white wine
½ cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp. shallots, ¼ dice
½ cup heavy cream
½ lb. butter
1. In a saucepan set on medium heat, add the wine, lemon juice and diced shallots and cook to reduce to about 2 tablespoons. Add the heavy cream and reduce to about 3 tablespoons.
2. Whip in the butter until smooth and keep warm.
Recipe courtesy of Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
8985 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34108