Nothing says Mexican comfort food like enchiladas smothered in a spicy red sauce and cheese. The Ritz-Carlton, Cancún Chef Rory Dunaway shares his recipe for Chicken & Poblano Enchiladas with Ranchera Sauce, a sure fire hit at your next fiesta.
Chicken & Poblano Enchiladas with Ranchera Sauce
- 10 pieces corn tortilla
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 pieces chicken breast, boiled and shredded*
- 1 piece poblano pepper, fried, peeled, deveined and julienned
- ½ pound manchego cheese, grated
- ½ pound white onion, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups red sauce (see recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350.
Heat oil in a pan, take tortillas one at a time and deep fry quickly and dry them with a paper towel. Feill every tortilla with chicken and poblano, and fold them into a taco; arrange in a platter. Pour sauce on top of them, then a layer of cream, sprinkle some cheese and sliced onion.
Bake until cheese is melted.
*You can also make enchilada with different fillings like cheese or vegetables for veggie enchiladas.
- 8 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 Serrano peppers, stems removed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro, picked clean
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 oz. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and spread out on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes or until skins begin to turn brown.
Blend ingredients with a little water if needed, serve.
Recipes courtesy of: