Susan McCurry grew up in Iowa, though she has called Naples home for nearly two decades. As a philanthropist supporting many local charities, McCurry most recently co-chaired the 2018 Naples Winter Wine Festival, the main fundraising vehicle for the Naples Children and Education Foundation, which serves underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County. McCurry has long supported NCEF, first as a festival trustee, then as a grant committee member and chairwoman.
1. Bucket list topper: Exploring more of the worldaboard The World, Residences at Sea.
2. Entertaining must-haves: Fresh flowers, including peonies, gardenias, and orchids.
3. Esteemed designer: Oscar de la Renta. I love the fabrics, the creative designs, and the fit is amazing.
4. Favorite musician: Elvis Presley in the 1970s. I saw him live onstage in Las Vegas and have seen many concerts since that still cannot top Elvis singing in his white jumpsuit.
5. Go-to scent: Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf.
6. Revered artists: Colleen Browning and Adolf Dehn.
7. Beloved travel destination: The Palace Gardens in Kyoto, Japan, in April, when the cherry blossoms are in full pink bloom.
8. Morning guilty pleasure: I love the Molokai Island Princess blend of coffee from Coffees of Hawaii. I order it in five-pound bags. It has a hint of vanilla that softens its bitterness.