A Fifth Avenue South stalwart, McCabe’s Irish Pub & Grill is inviting the public for one final salute, as the watering hole closes its doors after 15 years of service. On Sunday, its St. Patrick’s Day in September as the 12-hour farewell party begins at noon with live bands, Irish dancers, and food and drink specials.
After 15 years, McCabe’s will make way for a new restaurant concept set to open in December, but before the doors close, its time for one last bash. On top of live entertainment and specials, literally part of McCabe’s will be given away to the loyal customers and fans that made the Irish pub a downtown Naples anchor. Throughout the party, memorabilia pulled straight from the walls of the pub will be given away to patrons. Antiques, bric-a-brac, furniture and t-shirts will all go out the door with the regulars, while anyone wearing a McCabe’s shirt will automatically be entered for a free stay at the recently renovated Inn on Fifth. As an added bonus, there will be a drawing for two additional pieces from McCabe’s that will be announced on September 3.
The pub and grill will close following the party, so be sure to swing by for a final goodbye. McCabe’s farewell party schedule is as follows:
- 12-2 p.m. – Jerry Pellegrino, and two-for-one Bloody Mary’s and Nutty Irishmen will start the party.
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Catherine and Claire Gorman with the Celtic Spirit School of Irish Dance
- 2:30-4 p.m. – Trevor Earl will take the stage, while the grill will be flipping two-for-one hamburgers.
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. – Jim McEvoy and Steven Stadler will rock the house, while two-for-one Irish Fare (Stews, Shepherd’s Pie, Corned Beef and Cabbage) will satiate the Celtic appetite.
- 6-7:30 p.m. –Bill Jollie keep things alive on stage with another dose of two-for-one Irish Fare.
- 8-11:30 p.m. – Boy Meets Girl wraps this special salute to McCabe’s, with $1 beers and 50% off anything else.
And though this chapter of McCabe’s has come to a close, fear not. Phil McCabe, owner and operator of the Inn on Fifth, vows to reopen the pub in another downtown location within two years.
- For more information, visit innonfifth.com.